- Open your terminal.
- Now, connect with telnet using the following command:
telnet smtp.domain.com 25
- Type ehlo example.com. Some servers also accept helo in place of ehlo.
- Type mail from: firstname.lastname@example.org:
mail from: email@example.com
- Type rcpt to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com (replace with your actual recipient name):
rcpt to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- To write the message – type data, followed by your subject and message. To end the message, put a period on a line by itself and press enter:
Subject: My Telnet Test Email
This is an email sent by using the telnet command.
- Type quit to exit telnet.